LouisianaSenioRx is a prescription assistance program that connects qualified, low-income people with discount prescription drugs, direct from the pharmaceutical manufacturer. Trained counselors are also available to provide Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Coverage plan comparison and enrollment assistance.
SenioRx Prescription Assistance Application:
Capital Agency on Aging administers the SenioRx program in the following parishes:
- East Baton Rouge
- East Feliciana
- Pointe Coupee
- St. Helena
- St. Tammany
- West Baton Rouge
- West Feliciana
Capital Area Agency on Aging, Inc.
P.O. Box 66038
Baton Rouge, LA 70896-6038
Phone: (225) 287-7414 or 1-800-280-0908
Fax: (225) 287-7418
You may be eligible for certain prescription assistance if:*
- You are 60 and older or are 21 and over and have an adult onset disability
- You have an income below $30,630 annually ($2,552.50 monthly) for a one-person household
- You have an income below $41,070 annually ($3,422.50 monthly) for a two-person household
- You do not have insurance covering medications.
- You are having to pay full price for your prescription drugs or have reached the "gap"
- You have a chronic illness and are taking prescribed daily medications for the condition.
- You have not voluntarily cancelled state/federal prescription drug programs or a private reimbursement plan within 6 months.
SenioRx prescription drug program does not provide assistance for obtaining short-term medications to meet acute needs, including antibiotics.
Patients will be assisted with the public or private programs most likely to meet their needs.
* Please note: Qualifications vary by programs.
LouisianaSenioRx Prescription Drug Program helps low-income, uninsured patients:
- Enroll in more than 150 patient assistance programs
- Access more than 1,200 medicines for free or at a low cost
- Learn how to contact government programs for which they may qualify