Services offered in Lafourche Parish include:
Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP)
The purpose of the Senior Community Service Employment Program is to help older workers obtain part-time temporary on the job training if they meet specific requirements listed below.
- Fifty-five years of age or older
- Must not exceed low income limits
- Physically and mentally capable of employment
- Must reside in East Baton Rouge, East Feliciana, Iberville, Livingston, Pt. Coupee, Tangipahoa, Washington, or West Baton Rouge
- Must work twenty hours per week and earn no more than minimum wage.
Qualified applicants are counseled, pre-screened and placed in job categories according to their specific employment objectives. Applicants work in a variety of non-profit or public organizations at no cost to the organizations/businesses.
Organizations/businesses benefit by being able to obtain reliable, dependable and mature workers who have their wages reimbursed during the training period.
Long Term Care Ombudsmen Services
Long Term Care Ombudsmen investigate and resolve complaints made by or on behalf of residents of long-term care facilities. Long-term care facilities include nursing homes, assisted living facilities, and personal care homes. Ombudsmen also assist consumers and potential consumers with the process of choosing a facility.